Thursday, January 7, 2010

What's a good recipe for hamburger patties smothered in cream of mushroom soup?

Would I need to add crackers to the meat (like I am making meatloaf) in order to make the patties firm? I am thinking if I just fry or bake the patties and pour the cream of mushroom soup mixture on top the patties will break when I try to get them out the pan. I guess I could use a spatula though.





I am looking for recipe suggestions and ideas on how to make the hamburger meat have a good texture.What's a good recipe for hamburger patties smothered in cream of mushroom soup?
I do this all the time. I only put seasonings in the hamburger meat. It will stay together. I brown the patties alittle and take them out of the pan. Add the soup and stir in some water. Put the patties back in and simmer. As far as seasonings, sometimes I only add salt and pepper, sometimes I cut up onions and add them, sometimes I add seasoned salt. It just depends on my mood.What's a good recipe for hamburger patties smothered in cream of mushroom soup?
I make ';white'; sloppy joes with the same ingredients:





crumble the hamburger meat cook drain grease


add chopped celery, onions, and bell pepper


add cream of mushroom soup and 3/4 can of milk


let simmer on low until the vegetables are tender


serve over steamed rice or serve on a hamburger bun with chips.





This is quick and easy and my family loves it.
I fry the hamburger, drain then add the soup and pour it over mashed potatoes.
I'd treat the patties like meatloaf- add some seasoned breadcrumbs (not a lot) and maybe some chopped onions and peppers to balance the cream soup. When you're frying the patties, fry up some onions with them for more flavor,maybe some garlic, and add a little worcestershire sauce. Put the patties in a casserole, pour the soup over them (maybe dilute it with a little milk) then cover it up and bake it in the oven until it bubbles. Maybe a little shredded cheese melted on the top would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment