Thursday, December 24, 2009

I am going to incorporate beer into a hamburger recipe this weekend. What is the best beer to use for this?

Favored beer? Regular beer? Lite beer? Is there a difference??I am going to incorporate beer into a hamburger recipe this weekend. What is the best beer to use for this?
You won't want to use a light beer, or any other pale lager for that matter. While beers like Budweiser or Miller High Life might be refreshing, they won't add the kind of flavor that you'd want to add to the burgers (at least not enough to make it noticeable). The best options will probably be either a beer with a lot of hops, or one with a strong maltiness.





For the former, any pale ale or India pale ale will do. I'd recommend using the selection of a local craft brewery, because it means a fresh beer at an affordable price. For the latter, the best bet is a good stout or porter. Once again, I'd recommend a local brew. If locally-brewed beers are unavailable or cost-prohibitive, the best stand-by is Samuel Adams Boston Lager. It's not the hoppiest beer or the maltiest, but it has plenty of both, is widely available, and doesn't cost too much.





Other people are suggesting Guinness. If you take that route, make sure to pick up the Extra Stout and not Guinness Draught. Extra Stout is the one in the somewhat stubbier bottle.I am going to incorporate beer into a hamburger recipe this weekend. What is the best beer to use for this?
find a single bottle of Guiness Stout
My sweetie is a Bud Lite man, but when it comes to our burgers, we saute portabello mushrooms and minced garlic in a splash of my white zinfandel wine %26amp; butter for a topping.......Top with a slice of provolone %26amp; it's a burger to die for!!
I know I might get some boos but I've always used Miller Lite for anything when it comes to cooking with beer.
If you are trying to add flavor, use a dark beer. They usually have a deeper and richer flavor than lighter-colored beers, whether domestic or imported.





If you only want to make the meat bit more tender, and add just a bit of difference in taste, anything will do, but be aware that the amount of time you allow for marinading makes a difference.





If you will use it up in one day or less, then this does not apply, but if you are leaving it for several days you may find the meat takes on a beer taste. .
If you can get your hands on Henninger I suggest the export spicy, premium. Or any spicy flavored beer for that matter.
I'd say whatever you're drinking, or have left over.


For a contest though, you want something with flavour.


Don't use that wimpy American or Lite beer.


In Canada, I'd use Rickard's Red or Alexander Keith's.
If it has to be beer, I recommend Guinness Stout.





Personally I prefer red wine, such as a good Merlot for a marinade.





I recommend that you try both an see what you think.
For several reasons I would use a good stout beer like guiness. You will need a beer that has a definate flavor that will not become lost as the heat removes some of its powers. Also a good lager , would be great to add to the flavor with that extra shot of hops and barley flavor.
  • clarifying shampoo
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment